Scombroid Food Poisoning

Image

Recently two Australians died after allegedly suffering from Scombroid food poisoning. This is a rare cause of food poisoning caused by eating spoiled fish. The toxin histidine in the fish is ingested and broken down into histamine, hence the poisoning resembles an allergic reaction.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/health/scombroid-poisoning-linked-to-noelene-and-yvana-bischoffs-deaths-rare-20140205-320ys.html

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s